Header

Header

Wednesday 5 November 2014

ACSS InfoTech 2014-15 Day: 28

I was able to add a decent amount of new features to my "test" game that I can use to the final project such as:
- Sound effects
- Proper jumping 
- Restart room when you die

I used these two sprites as objects for the main sprite to touch. When the main sprite comes in contact with these two sprites, the room restarts. The process was pretty simple as all I needed to do was add a "Restart Current Room" action.

I found a bunch of sound effects in the "Hand Out" folder that the school provided. There were many sounds to choose from that could be used for the game. I also found more through the internet. Adding sound effects is pretty similar to adding background music. Basically the only changes is to the looping, in this case it is set to "False".

I also fixed the jumping as it felt really sloppy. I played around with the settings a bit and was able to fix the jumping by adding the vertical speed (of the collision between the blocks and sprite) to 0 instead of 1 which prevents it from bouncing repetitively.


No comments:

Post a Comment