Header

Header

Wednesday 22 October 2014

ACSS InfoTech 2014-15 Day: 20

Today I basically worked with the scripting for the mute button. I can tell that I am quite close to what I am aiming to achieve at the moment (which is a working and clickable mute button). I have all the resources in hand and it is only a matter of working with the scripting. Since I have two sub images that are grouped into a sprite, I figured there may be a few ways to get this done through scripting. Little did I know this may be a bit more challenging than I thought it would be. What I attempted to do today was adding two "Change Sprite" actions. One for the first image and one for the second image. Unfortunately for me, this method does not switch back and forth from the "Sound On" button and "Sound Off" button. What I also tried was adding this script for the sprite itself:

if image_index =  0 {
    image_index = 1
    image_speed = 0
}
if image_index = 1
    image_index = 0
    image_speed = 0

This also gave me the same result that I didn't want. The only positive thing that came out of these two methods is that I am one step closer to finding a way to make a clickable button. The only problem I am experiencing is having the button click back and forth without any issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment