Header

Header

Friday 31 October 2014

ACSS InfoTech 2014-15 Day: 26

So today, I worked with room transitioning. It was a very simple process once I had all the resources in hand. What I mainly needed was an object that moves the main sprite to another room/level when they collide. In this case, I made a simple yellow block at the end of my first level. It's probably likely that either Ty or Justin have added something like this in our RPG game but I figured it is something I should probably learn if I ever work with Game Maker in the future.

Adding a "Collision" action to the yellow block from the main sprite and adding a "Different Room" object will get the job done as simple as that. No scripts needed. I'm pretty proud of myself because I did this without any tutorials and it kinda shows that I've learnt most of the basic fundamentals and tools in this program. Though despite that, I found a very quick tutorial video in case I decide to look back at Game Maker in the future.







No comments:

Post a Comment