Header

Header

Friday 3 October 2014

ACSS InfoTech 2014-15 Day: 8

As I mentioned on the post of the previous day, the render time for an animation is an issue I wanted to focus on reducing. A simple 5 second animation would take 30+ minutes to render. What I wanted to do was change up the render settings on Cinema 4D without it affecting the quality of the animations.


The two tutorials I encourage to checking out are these two videos that are quick and easy to follow.


What I found out was that when rendering the file, it is recommended to animate the project into either a PNG or JPEG sequence for the best quality. Quicktime Movie is also acceptable for animations and is the format I set it to (just to make things simpler). I also worked with the Anti- Aliasing, Global Illumination settings and disabled the auto-save option. Basically, I took off the things I didn't need. I'm hoping the changes I made will reduce the amount of render time.


No comments:

Post a Comment